Bath in Fashion is an amazing celebration of all things stylish that comes to Bath every April. I think it’s super exciting as almost all of the key dates in the UK fashion calendar are very London-based, so it’s fantastic to see an event which changes the perception that only the capital is fashionable. This year, I was lucky enough to be invited along as a blogger to a pre-event day, to find out more about the behind-the-scenes action and build hype around the programme. Here are my highlights from Sunday…
1. We started our day at The Fashion Museum Bath with an introduction from Sarah and Nicky, two of the power team behind the event. We then descended into the incredible History of Fashion exhibition for a guided tour of this new curation of our fashion timeline
2. One of my favourite things throughout the exhibition was the evolution of shoes (yes, I am obsessed) and I found out that the concept of right and left shoes was not as old as you might think! The straight shoes looked very uncomfortable, though I imagine it would make sale shopping a whole lot easier without rogue mismatched lefties
3. We separated into teams (go Team Rhodes! Zandra Rhodes will be talking at Bath in Fashion) and headed out to Milsom Place to get shopping. Our aim was to visit all the amazing Bath shops that are involved in the event and pick our pieces from some key SS16 trends. I loved this tailored dress from Hobbs, and paired it with this mustard necklace
4. One of our stops was Ezza, an independent shop that stocked the most beautiful bags, scarves and accessories. I fell in love with this beautiful bell&fox structured barrel bag – I was having so much fun styling it that I had to be dragged out of the shop!
5. One of our trends was fringing and tassels (back stronger than ever from last year) so I was instantly drawn to this buttery soft Crew Clothing scarf – I love the soft grey colour too
6. Once we had shopped until we (almost dropped), we were whisked off to Jolly’s (another new find for me – my Bath shopping prowess was much improved this weekend!) for a personal styling appointment. I found this gorgeous Biba shirt…surprise surprise!
7. Next we hit up the NARS beauty counter for a makeover. Since I trawled the streets of New York in search of their cult blusher, I’m a bit of a NARS superfan, so I was really excited to try their new Spring releases. I’m always on the lookout for a great foundation, so I opted for their new Velvet Matte Skin Tint, which gave a really lovely matte finish
8. The final stop of the day was Be At One, to have a cocktail and debrief with the other teams! I went for a Gin Re-Fashioned, which was an interesting new take on my drink of choice, an Old Fashioned. We had a lots of girly chats about what we’d found in the stores and swapped deets – it was so lovely for me to meet more South West-based bloggers, as I do most of my blog socialising in London
9. As a surprise bonus, we received lots of lovely goodies on the day! This was our Bath in Fashion goody bag, full of treats from Seasalt, Brora and Chanii B. It was the perfect way to end and absolutely incredible day!